Orange Citrus Shrimp over Mixed Greens
Makes 4 servings
You can substitute scallops for shrimp; either work well as a counterpoint to the crisp, plentiful greens and fresh citrus.
Shrimp & Greens
Orange Citrus Dressing
- 10 cups (about 2 bags) mesclun or spring mix
- 4 cups radicchio
- 4 cups arugula
- 2 cups Belgian endive
- ¼ cup black olives, pitted
- 1 lb shrimp
- 1 seedless orange, peeled and sliced
- 1 tbsp shallots, minced
- ½ tsp orange zest, freshly grated
- ½ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp salt
- Place mesclun, radicchio, arugula, Belgian endive, and black olives in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Grill or broil shrimp until they appear white.
- Whisk together ingredients for Orange Citrus dressing in a small bowl and add to salad, tossing gently.
- Place greens on serving dish and top with cooked shrimp; garnish with orange slices.
- Calories: 195
- Fat: 3 grams
- Saturated fat: 0.5 grams
- Carbs: 15 grams
- Fiber: 3 grams
- Protein: 28 grams